20 November 2007

Dr. Buzzards Savannah Band

I came up on this band maybe a year or two ago, after I had an uncontrollable urge to find out who the fuck all the samples from the various bangers that were coming out were from. Some of my fav. joints, Ghostface's "Cher Chez La Ghoste" and my fellow Indian princess M.I.A.'s "Sunshower" originated here in this band. Other notable samplers were Tribe Called Quest, DeLaSoul, and Doug E. Fresh. I read an article online where Andy Hernandez a member talked about his audition. "When I auditioned to join the group, they didn't even ask me to play any music. They gave me a questionaire to fill out instead." The questionaire asked for information like: What is your political affiliation? What type of women do you go out with? Would you be willing not to wear tight pants? Do you consider yourself straight or a brat? Andy scored 48 out of a possible 100 points---higher than dozens of others that applied and he was invited to join the group.... What a fuckin plan. Id join in a heartbeat. Listening to their certain undeniably piff jumpoffs is so necessary such as: Sunshowers, I'll Play the fool, Cher ChezLaFemme/ C'est Si Bon, Whisperer, and Sour and Sweet. Get your miscellanious random oldies but goodies tracks weight up. Its best to know where the good shit came from, to understand where music is now. I dont think its a bad idea in fact im gonna get busy on this joint right here ;)

1 comment:

Sade.So.Ripe said...

yea kidd! tell me how i saw this old school movie, st. louis blues, nat k cole, eartha kit, pearl bailey, didnt know who these folks was. i was shame. so shame. lolz